jueves, 18 de abril de 2013

Introduction and some basic information.


Are you thinking about traveling to Venezuela? Did you already traveled but you want to learn more? Or maybe you are just curious about this beautiful and polemic country. Anyways this blog is going to give you any kind of information: news, customs, idiosyncrasy, advice for travelers, history, Spanish tips and much more!

First of all, I am a native Venezuelan boy and I am NOT an expert in English so I apologize in advance for any mistake I could make in my post (there's gonna be a lot :P) and feel free to correct me. I know what many of you are thinking while reading this first post: If you are a native Spanish speaker, why are you doing this blog in English??? Well, I want to orientate this page for people from English speaking countries and people from other latitudes that can understand it since there is not much information in this language regarding to Venezuela. And I also want (why not?) to practice my written English.

Maybe you already know that there's a political crisis in my country right know but since I am just starting this blog I don't want to post about this complex subject yet. I wanna keep it fresh for now.

So let's start!!!

Some elemental facts:

Officially named Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, this country is located in the north of South America. It's population is around 29.000.000 people and the official language is Spanish as many of you may know. The climate is mostly tropical, meaning that we don't have 4 seasons but 2 seasons instead: dry-season and rainy-season (the rainy-season started just yesterday). The economy is heavily based in oil production and the official currency is the Bolivar (Bs).

We will go deeper about this subjects and many more later on, including our "obsession" about this Simon Bolivar guy...

What do you know about Venezuela? Have you ever been here?


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario